Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Anniversary!!

So, today is the day when I look back on the wonderfully happy memories of the day Matt and I celebrated our wedding day.  We had a fun rehearsal dinner, a beautiful Nuptial Mass at our church, and THE most fun wedding reception in the history of wedding receptions!

I'll have to sit down in the near future and relay the wedding day story.  It had its stressors (what wedding day doesn't?) but all in all, it was a beautifully perfect day.  The lovely bridal attendants can tell you that I had many, MANY false starts on the way to being married.  Honestly, I think that they were happy to finally see an invitation in the mail...and I mean a REAL invitation...to a wedding where I was to be the bride.  And they were great!

So that I don't keep flooding my friends' newsfeeds on Facebook with pictures from our wedding, I decided to put a ton of pictures that were taken by friends here on the blog.  That way, my friends won't unfriend me!

We'll be returning to our regularly scheduled posts soon.....











Centerpiece made by Adrienne.  It's on display in our home.



My aunt and me.  

Mom, Aunt, and Stepfather.


My aunt had just celebrated her birthday right before the wedding.  We decided to have a second celebration for her at the rehearsal dinner.  She's an Elvis fan.  This is a red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream, courtesy of Sherri Lindsey of Buttercream Dreams Bakery. 

The Abbott Family (and me....not yet officially an Abbott)

My right hand, my left arm, my brain, and my wrangler!  Love this girl!!



My brother escorting me down the aisle.  He cleans up nicely.



Father Bob with the new Mr. and Mrs.

Bridal Party

Time to par-tay!

MACH 5 groom's cake.  Again, Sherri is AMAZING!!


Dinner time!

our rings

My cousin.  I had threatened him with a pink and teal seersucker tux and white shoes.

My brother from another mother, Kyle, and his beautiful daughter.  She made a lovely flower girl!

This is Kristen.  She got to do my mom's hair and make-up.  God bless her!!!




He looks pretty intimidating....you'd better be quite!



Little did we know that in 2012, Ms. Sandy, our wedding hostess, would be our daughter's MDO teacher!

Nicole S. (far right) was my stand-in on the trip down the aisle for the rehearsal.




Perfect hair and make-up by Edward Sanchez.  He is a true artist!!!


Putting the final touches on my (at the time) almost SIL.










Bride's Cake.  Thanks to my Brother-In-Law, Ken Ham, for picking up the cake plateau on the morning of the wedding....'cause I totally forgot to do it the day before!


Big Brother and Little Sister gettin' down!

Maid of Honor and Best Man. 
OK, enough sap for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment